Traditional Day Camp
Children ages 5 – 14 years old
- July 8th – August 4th
- 4 one-week options for families
- 9am - 4pm (drop-off begins at 8:30am and pick up is from 3:45 - 4pm)
- Hillside Summer camp fees includes a morning snack and lunch each day
- Extended day options available
Traditional camp is designed for campers who enjoy a variety of activity in their day. Traditional day campers have two swim periods built into their schedules – a swim lesson and open swim. Campers participate in a variety of activities – archery, climbing, sports, arts & crafts, outdoor skills, farming, innovation challenges... to name a few. Hillside Summer groups campers by age and each camper will be part of a specific group for that week. Making friends is an important aspect of Hillside Summer and our philosophy values social interaction no matter the program. With small groups, low camper-to-counselor ratios, and a safe, structured environment, children have the opportunity to try new things while developing new friendships.
Hillside Summer's Traditional Day Camp Programs are tailored to the ages of our campers:
- For our youngest campers making friends, learning new skills, understanding more about the natural world and each other is what Hillside Summer is all about. Campers will be continually exposed to new experiences while helping them develop their social skills all in a fun environment. The day is packed with a variety of indoor and outdoor activities from arts and crafts, instructional sports, field games, swimming and tons of fun for everyone!
- Our middle age camper program is perfect for the child who likes a bit of everything - from sports to crafts, field games to farming, they will experience it all! This camp will give campers the opportunity to try new activities and acquire useful skills. All the while, our staff will foster an environment that provides support and builds self-confidence.
- Our older camper programs focus on building confidence and independence, learning teamwork, and developing problem-solving skills. Campers participate in a variety of traditional and specialized camp activities where our experienced staff encourages developing leadership skills and positive empowerment in each camper.