2020 ELL Program Options
- Week 1: July 6 – 10
- Week 2: July 13 – 17
- Week 3: July 20 – 24
- Week 4: July 27 – July 31
One-week sessions are available, but two- and four- week sessions are recommended as the ELL curriculum is planned on two-week and four-week modules.
- July 6th – July 31st
- 4 one-week options for families
- 9am – 4pm (drop-off begins at 8:30am and pick up is from 3:45 – 4pm)
- Hillside Summer camp fees includes a morning snack and lunch each day
- Extended day options available
Our ELL Camp Program targets international learners, who want to improve their English skills, participate in fun and educational activities, and immerse themselves in a friendly camp environment. Participants will study English each morning in the classroom, and integrate with native-speaking American campers in the afternoon, evenings and weekends. Nothing improves language acquisition faster than being immersed with English-speaking friends.
Every weekday morning, participants attend English Language Learning classes taught by skilled, experienced teachers.Classes are designed to give participants an opportunity to improve their overall communication skills, English writing & reading and TOEFL test prep. Because class sizes are small, participants experience the benefits of individual attention and focused English practice.
During the afternoons and evenings, participants will use their English Language skills to when they join in on traditional camp activities with American campers. Typical afternoon activities like soccer, tennis, flag football, arts and crafts, basketball, ping pong and swimming. There will be weekend, day trips to local museums, parks, lakes and historical sites. Participants are always busy and immersed in an English environment and American culture.
We will give all international participants a placement test and evaluation when they arrive to determine the program track for each student/camper. Hillside faculty and staff will place participants in the appropriate level – from beginners to advanced.
What makes the Hillside Summer's ELL program unique?
- Commitment to meet the academic and social needs of each participant through rigorous ELL classes, total language immersion field trips and enriching recreational activities with American campers
- Participants are always busy and immersed in an English environment and American culture
- Class size is limited so participants receive individualized attention
- Gives participants a competitive advantage when preparing for the TOEFL exam
- Participants experience living in a residential/boarding school community
- Tour other New England area secondary schools in preparation to apply to a United States secondary school or university in the future
- Secondary school interview preparation
- There is no language requirement or entrance exam
- The location of campus, 30 miles from the cultural center of Boston, allows for travel adventures, exploration of Boston and fun trips to the ocean
*Have an International Group? Please contact the Camp Office for special pricing.