- Campers ages 8 – 14 years old
- Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Hillside Summer camp fees includes a morning snack and lunch each day
iLab Day Camp is perfect for campers who want to spend extra time on a favorite activity or build skills in something new! Campers are able explore new interests, learn new skills, and develop hobbies and enthusiasm in a positive and safe environment. Campers spend dedicated time each day in the iLab and the rest of the day participating in the many other traditional camp activities.
Hillside’s state of the art Innovation Center provides an interactive environment where campers can see and feel their ideas materialize in front of them. An open invitation for ideation and creation, campers will learn and be exposed to coding, 3-D printing, robotics, laser cutting and technological problem solving skills to broaden their digital knowledge base.
The Innovation Center encourages campers to collaborate and generate ideas together – starting first with notebooks and white boards to plan and develop simple concepts into formulated plans of action. Campers will practice developing thoughts and ideas by empathizing with and defining real world issues and then generate solutions. Process is valued over product: changing, modifying, or adding to ideas is as important as abandoning notions which won't work. Equipment includes 3D printers and a laser cutter with which campers can see and feel their ideas materialize in front of them.
- ROBOTICS –– an opportunity to work collaboratively and master robotic challenges through imagination, fun, and ingenuity. The camp encourages creativity and problem solving. No need to have previous experience in programming robots – just an interest in learning how!
- YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS –– geared to camper with an interest in entrepreneurship. Through fun activities and group projects, campers will learn business strategy, teamwork, and essential problem solving skills. The week is filled with interesting and challenging activities to help campers learn the fundamentals of entrepreneurship and what it takes to create a start-up business.
- CODING –– This week-long camp teaches campers basic code through fun and simple exercises that feel like games! Learning how to build simple websites and games helps campers refine their design, logic and problem-solving abilities. It also allows them to express ideas and creativity in unique ways.
- MEDIA MAKING –– Campers are introduced to the essentials of movie making, blogging, and other Web 2.0 tools while in a fun and supportive environment. Working as a team, this camp challenges campers to bring a story to life with moving images to create short films.